Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Registration is now closed!
MRPA’s 2SLGBTQIA+ Summit is a one day event designed for parks and recreation administrators, Human Resource staff and recreation programmers who seek to understand the unique considerations and barriers to both employment and program participation in the 2SLGBTQIA+ population. Attendees will follow two separate tracks after the morning keynote speaker. Programming staff will learn how to provide respectful, culturally competent programs by developing skills to establish rapport, recognize barriers, offer solutions and educate the general public. Directors, Deputies and HR staff will focus on internal and external policies and how to have an inclusive department.
- Refunds are not available for this event.
- Continental breakfast and box lunch provided (select lunch option at the time of registration)
- $125 MRPA members / $175 Non-members
- $10 off Early Bird Registration by Aug 31
- 8:00 am: Registration
- 8:15 am: Welcome and Overview
- 8:30 am: Life Stories
- 9:15 am: Opening Keynote - SMYAL
- 11:30am: Session 1
- 12:30pm: Lunch/Vendor Visits
- 2:00 pm: Session 2
- 3:45 pm: Session 3
Specific tracks are available for Directors and Programming Staff with the tentative sessions scheduled.
- Connor Hegel, SMYAL
- Mike Leon, LAYC
- Chelsea Nunez, City of Takoma Park and facilitator for Transplaining for Camps
- Lauren Pruitt, Freestate Justice
- Tony Felts, M-NCPPC, Prince George’s Planning
- Adam Dodgshon, M-NCPPC, Prince George’s Planning
- Jonathan Caudill, M-NCPPC, Prince George’s County Parks & Recreation
- Paul Quade, PFLAG Southern Maryland
- Kaitlin Fraer, PFLAG Southern Maryland