Certified Playground Safety Inspector Course & Exam (CPSI)-Dec 2023
Tuesday, December 5, 2023 7:00 AM - Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:00 PM (EST)
Certified Playground Safety Inspector Course & Exam
CPSI Course & Certification Exam - $600 (please see note below regarding exam entry requirements)
CPSI Course CEUs: 1.5
Course Check-In Time: Tuesday, December 5th and Wednesday, December 6th between 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM
Course Instruction will begin promptly at 8:00 AM
Exam Time: Thursday, December 7th, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (check in from 8:00 - 9:00 AM). Exam begins promptly at 9:00 AM.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, 200,000 children were treated for playground accidents in 1994. Of those, 70% or 140,000 occurred at public parks and schoolyards.
How does your equipment measure up? How many preventable injuries occurred on your playgrounds?
Sponsored by the Maryland Recreation & Parks Association, Inc. and the National Recreation & Park Association, this course is the most comprehensive training program on playground hazard identification and risk management methods offered.
- The Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) Course promotes children's rights to play and promotes nationally the importance play has in a child's development.
- CPSI provides the most current comprehensive training program on playground safety including the development and distribution of playground training and safety products.
- CPSI provides input to help develop responsible public policy for the guaranteed safety of our children while at the same time advocating sound fiscal responsibility to provide resources for the ongoing maintenance and support of the policy.
- Identifying hazards on playgrounds
- Developing risk management tools
- Importance of a comprehensive playground safety program from a legal perspective
- CPSC guidelines review
- ASTM standard analysis
- Test methods for entrapment, protrusions and entanglement
- A light breakfast and a lunch will be provided on the first two days.
- Two forms of ID (one must be a photo ID) is required for exam admission. Individuals sitting for the CPSI exam must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bring your own pen/pencil/highlighter for class
- We are unable to offer refunds or credits for this program
Special Testing Accommodations:
All participants requesting special accommodations must submit the Special Accommodations form to NRPA at least 45 calendar days prior to your exam date.
All ESL Accommodation Request Forms must be submitted to NRPA at least 2 weeks prior to the examination date.
Please Note: Resource materials developed especially for this course are included in the registration fee and will be mailed to all participants who preregister. Those who register after September 25th may not receive their resource materials two weeks prior to class. It is not recommended that you take the exam if you have not had the materials at least two weeks prior to the course.
CPSI Course & Certification Exam - $600
13601 Missouri Avenue
Brandywine, MD 20613 United States
Dec 5th-6th: 8am-5pm
Exam Day (Dec 7th): 8am-Noon
Training & Education